Thursday, October 17, 2013

up

unexpectedly drained - feeling more exhausted sleeping from 11 to 6 everyday than when I slept from 2 to 6 before promos.

(this is going to be quite a rambly post i mean I have no fixed agenda I'm just going to ramble about the 9 months that have passed, and stop to go to bed when i'm tired)

It's been an incredible 9 months, to say the least. For one, it doesn't feel like it's only been nine months since I've started my JC journey - the year's not entirely over yet, so I shan't start writing my end-of-year post (did i even publish the one that I spent ages on last year) (no I didn't and i spent ages on it whoops i might go dig up the post right after this and publish it - it might not have been finished, but ah well at least i'll get it out of the way by publishing it)

Started thinking about my whole JC journey thus far after fang brought it up on the way to lunch/over lunch. I can't believe we've made it this far, I never fully understood the extent of the remark that MG was a protected little happy bubble until I finally left. Not that the bubble was bad or anything, it was comfortable and safe and homey, MG will pretty much remain at the core of my comfort zone. But going to JC has opened my eyes up to so many things (I guess I knew about them theoretically, they simply materialized when I came into RJ) - was talking about some of it to junheng the other day and hmm.

I don't think I regret choosing Raffles. For obvious reasons, I had my reservations. The whole go back to the AC family or try out a new school thing. (hahaha) But I've met a grr8888 bunch, I wouldn't have traded my experiences and friendships forged in JC for anything.
The first and most evident blessing came in the form of 14S03S HAHA I'm really really glad that I chose to do BCML, I think it was one of the best choices I could've made. But I'm so incredibly thankful for my classmates - from the first few awkward days in school, to our hobo picnic + cake smashing in the HP canteen, to walking around punggol water park/out into the punggol estate area at 2AM at night (one of the best experiences tbh we walked past a sleeping wild boar, along some road flanked by creepy patches of forests, talking and singing so loudly we probably woke up every serial killer within a 50 meter radius HAHA thank God, forreal, that we didn't die or anything looking back it was quite stupid but so so much fun). Thank you guys for making lessons a whole lot more bearable, for always having some form of food being passed around during lectures & tutorials, for being such joys to have around :----))))
MY PW GROUP whom I've spent so much time with recently thank you si ben ali (and mendu thanks for flying off halfway HAHA jk love you) for being the most accommodating bunch in the world. We're going to caaaandy mooountain guys caaaaandy mouuuuntain. COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER GROUP thank you for our standard two hour long lunches, for being such wonderful company and always making me laugh. love you all :") (brotherhood pls)
the most supportive and wonderfully encouraging campaign mates thank u meggie & jun y'all made my incredibly short journey as a council nominee incredible with the 4AM oovoo and even til now AHHH you guys are da bezzz.
My pillars of strength, some of the best friends i've made in my entire life i've made in JC :----) (you would probably know who you are when you read this haha anyway) thank you for keeping up with my nonsense (almost) e v e r y  s i n g l e  d a y & for being people I can trust and for being wonderful wonderful people i don't know what i'd do without you guys and i love y'all so much ENDLESS HUGS AND KISSES 5EVR.

Okay sorry rambling. That was incredibly random
His ways are higher than my ways, and I think I've learnt to understand and accept that. I've tried out for things i thought i really wanted in jc and it didn't work out, but looking back i can really see God's hand in my life (as cliche as it sounds, but it's true), that He knows what's best for me and that everything's going to work out in the end in my favour because I AM HIS FAVOURED CHILD yes. :")

I don't know how you can feel thankful and empty and aimless and exhausted at the same time, but I am. Haha.