Sunday, October 6, 2013

rooted







an occasional dose of home. 

watching the sec 4s enter their last (official) week of school and lessons, & as nik pointed out, I can't believe I've survived a year away from home. a whole year away from where i had the time of my life, nearly a year since Os, over a year since our last dance performance/mass dance with the SLs, nearly two years since falling sick in the czech republic (lol), taking jumpshots outside the german parliament building (reichstag) & visiting museums and concentration camps. 
leaving behind the people and things you've come to know and love isn't the easiest thing, but what i learnt this year is that your relationships in mg are set in stone. your friends are always gonna have your back, your teachers are always going to love you and want the best for you, and no matter how far you wander, you'll never be too far from home.
I couldn't have asked for four better years, and I'm so glad God placed me there (when, in the beginning, i wanted to be anywhere else but here) 

on a side note, PROMOS HAVE FINALLY ENDED and i'm so thankful that God has brought me through them. I knew I could have put in more effort but I wouldn't have sacrificed my time any way else over the past few weeks/month or two. 
a lot to consider, and a lot more to come, but heaps to be thankful for. 
J1's coming to a close, as quickly as it started. The large part of this year has whizzed past, and i've met some of my best friends in rj. 
grateful 
ok i think i'm going to be spending a lot of time with my pw group in the forseeable future, a  l o t  o f  t i m e.
we'll see how the rest of the year plays out, it looks exciting :-)